Today was my first day back teaching since last June. I've been dreading it, but it wasn't too bad. Typical first day of class - I was nervous and talked too fast. The students looked tired (it's a 9:30am class), but didn't overtly roll their eyes at my lame attempts at humor. My class meets daily for 50 minutes, which is strange for a college class. Leo stays home with a sitter since I'm only out of the house for two hours total (three hours on Tuesdays when I have office hours). She's from Estonia (look it up), very nice, and today she informed me that Leo is speaking Russian. Apparently "da" is "yes" and Leo says this a lot, so I guess he's a very agreeable boy. Most of the time the sitter is here, Leo is napping. This allows the sitter to do some "light housework" and means I don't miss out on much awake time with Leo. He is so much fun, I wouldn't want to spend too much time away from him while he's up and being silly. Today we read the same books over and over and over....and over. Annoying, yes, but he sits on my lap, resting against me and allows me to rub my cheek on his hair and I love every minute of it.
He's still waking up at night, so we think he's still experience teething pain. Tom has taken over getting up, so Leo doesn't have any nursing expectations during the night. Though, when he is upset and having trouble falling back asleep, I'm very tempted to run in there for a little booby time, since that fixes everything.
I spoke to the pediatrician again today and she's going to follow up on Leo's surgery referral so we can get this thing on the calendar. I don't like it hanging over our heads. I want to know when it is, so I can start visualizing it being over.
Here's the man himself, sporting his favorite look of the moment. He loves to wear his "fancy lady beads" around the house. In this shot he's got the mardi gras beads, my nursing necklace and a bit of Christmas ribbon. I think he may this tendency from me since I went through a shower cap phase and a life jacket phase when I was little (thankfully, not at the same time).
Here he is playing on his new zebra (the modern version of a rocking horse) from his Ito and Sharon. He really loves this thing, but pulled "serious face" during filming. Notice he's rocking the beads, of course.
Here he is playing on his new zebra (the modern version of a rocking horse) from his Ito and Sharon. He really loves this thing, but pulled "serious face" during filming. Notice he's rocking the beads, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment