and very tired. I'm still trying to figure out the work/mommy balance. It's not easy, I tell ya. I'm looking forward to next quarter when I have a more traditional college instructor schedule (two days a week, mid-afternoon class). But the beauty of the quarter system is its brevity, so I won't be having to deal with this five-day-a-week madness forever. My mom visited this weekend, which was so helpful. Loads of laundry and dishes were dealt with, errands were run sans toddler, class work was taken care of while Leo was entertained by Nana. Awesome!
Leo had his 15 month check-up yesterday. And once again, the doctor declared him a happy, healthy kid. He's 23 pounds and 31.5 inches tall. She's happy with his language progress despite his lack of "real" words. He does a lot of mimicking and has his own words for things (da da = cat, wee-wee= wheel). I've also taught him a couple of signs ("frog", "more", "eat" and we're working on "please"). He's getting more consistent with "hi" and "bye" too, which is cool. The pediatrician agreed with the surgeon's assessment, so we will be moving forward with the procedure. I'll keep you updated on that.
Here's Nana and Leo playing at the park.


Nana spent a lot of time pushing Leo around on his tricycle, which he loved.

Cruisin' on the trike, wearing Nana's visor.
No comments:
Post a Comment