Yesterday I organized a little outing to the San Jose Children's Museum. We had a blast. It was such a different experience from last time (on Leo's birthday) since he is now a walker. He loved the "disco room" (just a big open space with flashing lights and music) and the water area. He spent a good 15 minutes putting plastic balls into a water tornado thing, over and over. He got soaked, but I thought ahead and brought a change of clothes. We were so busy having fun and eating lunch that I only took one picture. Here he is in the "pretend play" area. I knew he was ready for lunch when he started handing me the plastic fruit and signing "more".
Here's a pic and a little video of him with his juice. We don't give Leo juice since it is pretty much needless sugar. He gets momma's milk and water. I keep meaning to start him on cow's milk, but I've been lazy about it (I know, bad mom). But tonight, Tom juiced some oranges from our neighbor's tree and some carrots, so Leo got a treat. He loved it and made a mess of his last stain-free onesie.So our TV broke today, just a few days before we were planning to get a new one. Isn't that amazing how things work out? I may place a little blame on Leo and his affection for turning it on and off and on and off. No TV means more time for other stuff (like grading those papers, ugh), so here are some links to two good articles I read in a recent issue of the New Yorker. One on Scrabble and another on pumping breastmilk.

No comments:
Post a Comment