Monday, July 27, 2009

The Big Kids

When Tom suggested we move to the suburbs so he could be closer to work and eliminate his commute, I was resistant. We lived in a hip part of Oakland in a little house we both loved, and a few very good friends lived close by. The promise of a pool and more time with my husband since he wouldn't have to drive so far convinced me. I knew it would be better environment to raise our family. I don't think I could have ever guess just how much we like it. Living on the cul-de-sac is great. The neighbor kids are often hanging around outside and they all love to dote on Leo. This weekend, Leo spent a lot of time playing with the "big kids".

On Saturday they entertained him while Tom and I did a little organizing in the garage. They had fun in Tom's car.
Later that day, Colleen and Julia (our direct neighbors) came over for a swim.

We had dinner over at their house last night and it was really great. The girls were so good to Leo and the food was amazing. Leo drew them a picture as a thank you. This family is part of my "emergency labor plan" and I know Leo will be in good hands.

Here's Leo on Sunday morning trying to convince Tom to wake up and read him his favorite book.
As far as the pregnancy is going...well, it's going. I'm surviving it and not getting too anxious about getting this baby out of my belly. She's easier to deal with inside than out, but I'm definitely getting very uncomfortable and my emotions are running high. The heat doesn't help, but the pool does.

No comments: