Monday, September 21, 2009

I did it!

I survived my first day alone with two kids. I even managed to get out of the house and meet my friends for a playdate. I was greeted with a round of applause for the accomplishment. Not only we're we out and about, Leo did it without a diaper and no accidents. I was very proud of him. Overall we did really well. Shortly after Tom left for work, Serafina had an epic spit up . It just kept coming and coming and it worried me enough to call the pediatrician. I was reassured that it is normal and just keep my eye out for other signs.

While we were at the park, a woman was leaving with a baby in a carseat set in a stroller similar to mine. Leo started to get very distressed and cried "baby, baby". We showed him that I was still holding Sissy and no one was taking his baby away. It was extremely sweet.

We're having a heat wave. Leo and Tom found an entertaining way to cool off yesterday.


Serafina looks a lot like Leo did when he was a newborn, but she's very different. Leo loved to be swaddled and spent a lot of time in the baby burrito. Fina doesn't seem to need it as much. We do it at night, but that's mainly so I can have a convenient little bundle to scoop out of the co-sleeper and nurse. She's also a very noisy baby. Grunting, groaning, and a lot of other unlady-like noises. I tell her she sounds like a wookiee. It would be cute if it wasn't keeping Tom and I up at night. I also tell her she's a little monkey baby, but that's because she looks like a little monkey.
Here are a couple of quick videos.



No comments: