Tonight I asked Leo if he wanted mommy's milk or for daddy to lay down with him. He said, "daddy lay down." I mumbled, "are you sure?", gave him a good night kiss and went off to nurse the other baby. I've always said I would follow Leo's lead for weaning, but I guess I didn't figure it would happen so suddenly. Of course, it has only been two nights. He could easily change his mind tomorrow night. It's not like I'm going to loose my supply since baby girl eats...well, all the time. If this is the end, I know I'm going to be very sad. It is such a special time I share with him each night. Something no one else could do. I was the only one who saw him from that particular angle, held him in that particular way. He's such a busy little guy, sometimes that would be the only real chance I had to cuddle him. It's pretty amazing that from such a rough start, a long, successful, fulfilling breastfeeding relationship formed. I made it through the pain of thrush and nursing during pregnancy when my supply dried up to almost nothing. I gave him comfort when teething, after surgery and through various illnesses.
I can only hope Serafina and I share the same future because breastfeeding really is the most rewarding (and challenging) experience of my life.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This post really moved me. *sniff*
Post a Comment