Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Here comes Santa Claus

I can't believe Christmas is just days away. Yesterday, Tom had a routine knee surgery. He's been an excellent patient and seems to be recovering well. He has a post-op appointment tomorrow so we'll see what the doctor says. I got his Christmas gift early, an iPhone, and he's been playing with it while being stuck on the couch with an ice pack.

Leo enjoys all the aspects of Christmas so far - the tree, the carols, the presents (of course). He also likes Santa. Some kids don't. But Santa can be a little creepy sometimes.

Here are the kids with our local mall Santa this year. We went at the beginning of the month and it was Leo's first Santa encounter. I went right up to Santa and acted very happy to see him. He let me sit on his knee, and I told Leo we were old friends and I was going to let Santa hold the baby. He was willing to sit with Santa too and even gave a half smile.

For fun, here are the past two years of mall Santa pictures.

No comments: