Sunday, December 6, 2009

Success

Leo has spent two nights and two naps in the big boy bed. He's working on his third night right now. Last night and tonight took some reassurance from dad, who spoke to him in soft tones and pointed out that the cool cars and truck sheets are on the big boy bed, not the crib. Tonight he wanted daddy to lay down with him and turned down nursing. Bedtime without mommy milk? Only has happened three times before and two of those nights I was in the hospital having Serafina. It's funny, recently I've been fighting the urge to ween him (at least until we're through cold and flu season), but when he said no I was sad.

Unfortunately, his time in the new bed hasn't been that restful because he still has a persistent cough left over from the last round of colds. Also, I don't have curtains in that room yet, so he's up early since it's bright in there. Needless to say, I'm solving that problem tomorrow.

No comments: