Tuesday, November 2, 2010

About a boy

I blogged 27 times in the month of October. Pretty impressive. Granted there were some special events to document - Leo's birthday, family visits, Halloween. But most of my focus was definitely on Serafina and the leg. It's pretty big in our world and I have a deep need to remember this time, even the slightly sweet stink of her foot.

So here's a little post about Leo. He's funny as always. Unfortunately, he isn't a very cooperative eater and meal time can be a battle. I think this is especially hard for me because he was such a great eater as a baby. Since his weight and height are normal, I haven't been too worried, but today the preschool teacher told me that he was complaining that he was hungry and tired. I'm not sure if he was just looking for attention, but I didn't like hearing it.

He really wants a pedal bike "like Daddy's", but we told him he has to get really good on his balance bike first. Every time we're outside, he wants to get on the bike. The practice is paying off because he's actually balancing and lifting his feet to coast. It's really cool, but I can't help but worry he's going to fall and end up in a cast. Anyway, I tried to get it on video tonight but he was too fixated on being filmed.

Here's a little video we made that he thought was hilarious and wanted to watch over and over.


While we were outside, a flock of crows flew by. Leo asked: "why do birds fly?" My answer: "Because they have wings." His response: "I think they are pretend dragons."

No comments: