Friday, November 5, 2010

Swimming lessons

Leo had his first swimming lesson today at the YMCA. Though we've done Parent/Tot classes, this was his first big kid class. I didn't have to put on a bathing suit, get in the water or sing any stupid songs. Woo-hoo. Even better, Leo did awesome. He had fun and was an excellent student. His confidence and willingness to participate inspired the other students to jump in...literally.

Waiting to start the class with his buddies Doug and Sophia.

The teacher invites Leo to come on in.



Parents aren't allow to be on the pool deck. There's a little waiting room with windows and chairs in the hallway with closed-circuit TV. It doesn't allow for very good pictures, but I was able to give him the thumbs-up through the window. Since he does so well without me, I won't watch every lesson and instead, take advantage of the time to work out.

No comments: