Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Short and sassy

Today Serafina got a new short cast. Exciting stuff.

Here she is this morning with the long cast.

We decorated it a bit yesterday. The cast was starting to look a little rough.

Back in the waiting room.
The cast removal was pretty traumatic. Despite all the advancements in medical technology, they still cut casts off with a loud, scary saw. When she was in between casts, I stuck her foot in the sink for a quick washing. I wish I could have done her whole body. Here she is with the new cast. She still has a tears on her face.
Admiring the glass sculpture on the ceiling.
I decided to get purple because the darker color will hopefully hide the dirt better. They didn't have a cast shoe in her size. It would protect the cast and give her a little better grip when she walks on it. The tech said she'd call me when they get them, but I will probably make her something in the meantime.

No comments: