After a fun dinner out on Sunday night...

(can you guess where?), my kids woke up with fevers on Monday morning.

So they hung out on the couch, watching TV and taking it easy. They are both on a broad-spectrum antibiotic for the ear infections, so fever was
suspicious and the doctor wanted to see them. I put them down for early naps so we could go to a 3pm appointment. Well, it turns out that in addition to their ear infections, they developed a new virus that was causing the fever and runny noses. Awesome. They got sick while being sick. Their ears didn't look that great when she checked, but we are continuing on the antibiotic and they'll be rechecked on Friday.
The only upside to sick kids is they slept in until 9am. Leo had to miss preschool for the first time today. I guess he won't be getting that perfect attendance medal.
It's tough to see my kids sick and it wears me out since they are extra clingy. I'm sick of them being sick and feel guilty because I know my choices (like going to the gym and putting them in the child watch) are the primary cause of their illness. The pediatrician we saw yesterday reminded me that it makes their immune systems stronger in the long run. In the short run, it just sucks.
We still find ways to have fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment