Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving.

It's been a Thanksgiving full of family and feasting.

Uncle Mike and Grandma Ruthie arrived late Tuesday night.  Yesterday Uncle Mike joined up for a trip to the park.
He embraced the experience.

Serafina was happy to be spending time with him again.


Thanksgiving morning started with some parade watching.  

Then a little walk around the neighborhood.  I thought the leaves on this lawn were pretty so I made the kids sit down for a picture. I'm sure we looked a little nuts.

"Where's your hair, Uncle Mike?"

Tom's pride and joy.
The bird and some homemade cranberry sauce.  I was in charge of the sauce, the soup and dessert.  Doesn't the turkey look delicious?  It tasted as good as it looks.  My husband did a fantastic job.

Carving time.  
Ready to eat.  The kids weren't interested in it.  I ended up making Leo a peanut butter sandwich and Serafina a waffle.
The rest of us did plenty of eating without them.  Here's Serafina enjoying some ice cream with Uncle Mike.
The grown-ups had chocolate pumpkin pie.  It was really yummy.
Leo was happy about pie time.
Some post-dinner relaxing.
And rough-housing.

No comments: