Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yo Gabba birthday

I have a new computer! My husband promised me a new computer for my birthday, but we held off because I wasn't sure what machine I wanted and what features were important. Having my old machine crap out, forced me to make a decision and I'm very pleased with my choice. I'm blogging from a new Mac Book Pro this evening. Tom was able to restore the old computer and it will be put to use as part of our entertainment system, but I'm very happy using this new machine. I'm back in the cult of Apple and I forgot how much I missed it.

 On to the big events of the weekend: Yo Gabba Gabba show and daddy's birthday. We dressed up in our homemade Gabba shirts from last year; they all still fit, though Serafina's was snug.

 Here's Leo in his Brobree gear. Of course, a new crocheted hat completes the look.
Serafina was so thrilled to wear her Foofa shirt and see the rest of us in our outfits.  A new crocheted hat for her too but with a re-purposed flower from last year.
We were so close to the stage, which was so fun.  Of course, you can't go in full Gabba gear and sit in the cheap seats.

Excited about the show starting.
Not sure whose more excited here.  Serafina spent most of the show in stunned awe.
First confetti/streamer drop of the night.
Here is main object of my daughter's affection.  Her name is Foofa; she's a pink flower bubble.

Here's my favorite: Leslie Hall.  Just so you know.  
Posing with DJ Lance Rock.
A few years ago, I would have made fun of the kind of people who dress up to go to a kids show.  Now look at us.  I'm going to be so sad when my kids outgrown Yo Gabba Gabba.  Someone stopped me to ask me a question about VIP passes because he thought I worked for the show.  I feel that's a nice testament to my outfit.  
My favorite part of the night when Leo was dancing in the aisle, taking in the show, when something began its approach.  
Getting closer.
"Holy moly, there's a big slice of cheese behind me!"

Dancing in the aisle with my kids.  I was so happy.  
It's snowing!
Daddy's turn for dancing.
Last confetti drop.  There was a crazy amount of streamers and we got all tangled up.

Back home, it was time to celebrate Daddy's birthday.  He requested a Carvel ice cream cake and I found a Carvel shop not too far from here.  
Demonstrating some pretty poor table manners, but it's ice cream cake after all.

No comments: