Anyway, along with the helmet, Tom decided to invest in a bat and a tee. He'll have weekly practice and a game on Saturdays, but Tom thought he could benefit from practice in-between. We got the gear home and Leo immediately wanted to try it out.
He really enjoyed it. Since Tom played little league and I played softball for most of my childhood, we both had lots of advice for the kid.
When he keeps his eye on the ball, he does a good job.
We went out again today and since the equipment was no longer brand new, Leo was willing to share with her sister and give her a chance to hit the ball.
Here's the funny thing. I didn't really tell her what to do, but she stood up there and nailed the ball perfectly over and over again. A strong smooth swing and great accuracy. It was kind of amazing. Tom and I couldn't marvel too much out loud because Leo tends to get jealous when we lavish Serafina with attention, especially with something that is suppose to be his deal. But honestly, it was remarkable.
Speaking of practice, I've been practicing at my yoga studio for a year now. It's the place I spend the most time after my own home and Trader Joes (I shop a lot at Trader Joes). I found it by random and went there one Sunday after a failed attempt at a "juice cleanse". I've practiced yoga on and off since my early 20s but the regular practice I currently do is great for my body and soul. It keeps me sane.
It looks like these guys are practicing to become part of some Russian circus group.




No comments:
Post a Comment