Wednesday, March 13, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Preschool Party

Serafina's class celebrated St. Patrick's Day early since tomorrow they will be going on a field trip.  It was my day to work, the first one in a while that I've been in the actually classroom since my last two work days were field trips.  Since they are going to the fire station on Thursday, they practiced their stop, drop and roll.
Of course, there were some non-participants.  I've seen it before.
When it's your turn to work in the classroom, it's your kid's turn to share.  Of course, I completely forgot about that and we didn't bring anything specific for sharing.  I asked if she wanted to share her new shoes, but she didn't.  Luckily, we had brought the stroller to school and in the basket were a couple of Yo Gabba Gabba books.

She was super excited to have her turn.



There were three different activities happening that day.  One mom was helping the kids make leprechaun hats, a dad was making "shamrock shakes" (milkshakes with green food coloring) and I was helping them make "pots of gold".  This involved sewing two pieces of construction paper together with a long piece of yarn.  For 80% of the kids, it was pretty difficult and there was lots of tangled yarn.
Like I said, tomorrow is the fire station field trip.  Leo was sick as a dog right before he went two years ago.  He was coughing like crazy and had a double ear infection.  I took him anyway.  Serafina developed a cough and is having a lot of trouble sleeping the last few nights.  Her dad is comforting her right now as I finish up this post.  Of course, I don't want her to miss the field trip, so I'll drag her sick butt to it anyway.  Just like I did with Leo.  Guess that's just our tradition.

No comments: