Friday, February 7, 2014

Kindergarten mailbox visit and Kembrie playdate

Leo's kindergarten class made valentines for relatives this week and today we walked to the mailbox to send them. Of course, the teacher had them make mailman hats. She seems to really be a fan of construction paper head gear.
They all look equally dorky in the hats.
On their way.
Some of the valentines were going really far.  This one is headed to Japan.


The girl standing behind Leo is named Rukiye (pronouned Rue-key-ah).  I think her family is from Turkey.  She is a really sweet kid and one of the kindergarteners I look forward to hanging out with.  Some of them drive me up the wall; she isn't one of those.
When I picked up Serafina from preschool, I also brought home her friend Kembrie.  The girls had a playdate a Kembrie's house last week, so now it was my turn to host her.
They had so much fun playing together and Kembrie is extremely sweet and mellow.  She's also the youngest of six kids, so maybe she has no choice but to be easy-going.

No comments: