Friday, September 19, 2014

Panda pride and mommy-son time

Every Friday is Panda Pride day at Serafina's school.  Today she wore her school shirt and was very proud about it.  
She went on a playdate with her friend Kembrie in the afternoon so I got some one-on-one time with Leo this afternoon.  We had a nice frozen yogurt date and a trip to Trader Joes.
Unfortunately I made the poor choice to let them watch the movie The Goonies this evening.  Tom is out at a concert and it was one of my favorite movies as a kid.  My friend's four-year-old loves it, so I thought it would be okay.  Serafina got bored pretty quickly and gave up.  Leo hung in there a little longer but got too freaked out.  His anxiety level was through the roof.  I comforted him and we picked something much more mellow to watch.  He went to bed okay, but has been up twice since I put them down.  I ended up setting up the sleeping pad on the floor for him so he could be close to his sister and the nightlight.  I'm worried there is going to be a prolonged recovery period like when he watched Thriller, but maybe we'll lucky and he'll get over this fast.

No comments: