My friend Aida threw a party last night so we headed over there for dinner and trick-or-treating. Because dads are good at being awesome, they took all the kids out while the moms got to stay in. The rain had stopped and the weather was very mild.
No kids got lost and the oldest and littlest were both afraid of the spooky houses. Leo hung with them because he doesn't like the spooky houses either.
My friend Lina dressed as Serena Williams. She looked fabulous. I prefer costumes I can just put on over my regular clothes.
After trick-or-treating, the kids examined their loot and watched TV.
Happy candy eater.
The kids had fun but the party was really for the adults. The day before I put a bunch of gummy worms in a jar of vodka.
They soaked overnight and became fat with booze. They were slimy, delicious and strong. I wasn't sure if we were going to eat them all, but I brought home an empty jar at the end of the night. We even drank the leftover vodka in the jar that had become very fruity and sweet.
Time for some karaoke!
Then the moms took over.
Tom continued to be an awesome dad and took the kids home so I could stay and party a little bit longer. They went to bed late and Serafina is still feverish on and off. She has a rough sounding cough and a runny nose. She's my tough girl though and we'll all take it easy today.
No comments:
Post a Comment