Friday, October 9, 2015

Leo's Bowling Party

I can't remember who suggested it (probably me), but Leo decided to have a bowling party for his birthday.  Since a Friday afternoon party was so successful for Serafina's, we scheduled it for Friday evening.  The kids could bowl, have dinner and I would drop them at home.  

We got there early to get our lanes and bowling shoes.  Leo was excited and a little anxious as he waited for his friends to show up.  

 Serafina was allowed to invite one friend too.
 The guests all arrived and we started bowling.  Here's Leo with Kyle and Solomon on the end.

 Max was there too.
 If these kids look crazy and hyper in these pictures, it's just a small sliver of the insanity.
 The girls, Serafina and Gianna, were only slightly calmer.
They barely made it through one game of bowling.  They were dancing and sliding and fixating on the video games in the bowling alley.  
 We made them finish off the game and then fed them some pizza.  

 Tom and I bowled a second game (I won, for the record) and the kids mostly played arcade games and ran around and wandered back to the lane to roll a ball or two.  Leo got upset at one point and cried at his own party.  It was chaos and Tom and I were fading fast, so we busted out the cake.
 I offered to make cupcakes but he went for the store-bought supermarket cake.  It would have been a challenging task to make tasty, good-looking cupcakes in my tiny kitchen.

After cake, it was time for league bowlers to start arriving and we were way done with this party so I loaded four boys into the back of my car and drove them each home as they sang about poop the whole way.  Thank god birthday parties are only once a year.

No comments: