Saturday, October 17, 2015

Rock Star party

Serafina attended her friend Gianna's "rock star" birthday party today.  It was held at Raspberry Lips kid salon.  She went to a princess birthday party there a couple years ago.  She was in the building less than five minutes and she was already covered with glitter.  

 Anyway, I left her at the party and asked that they didn't do anything too wacky with her hair because we had to leave early for dance class.  Of course, those instructions weren't followed.

I went next door to a restaurant we visited on Labor Day.  My friend Kristi's daughter was attending the party too so the moms, dads and the uninvited siblings all had lunch.  Except I had to leave very early to get Serafina to Nutcracker dance rehearsal.

I headed back to the salon to pick her up.  She was eating pizza and having a blast.  She was excited about her fancy nails.
Here's Gianna's super cute cake.
 I felt bad that Serafina had to leave early, but she understood that she made a commitment to the show so she needed to go.
 She had an intricate hair do with tons (TONS) of glitter in it.
 Backseat selfie showing off the makeup.
 When we got to the studio, all the other girls were very impressed with her hair.  She was there for two hours rehearsing two dances.  She started to get upset when she made a mistake during her first (more complicated) dance, but she pulled herself together.

The hair didn't hold up all that well during the long rehearsal.
 She was tired after it was over, plus she's dealing with a nasty sounding cough.

A little while later we took a trip to the Halloween store.  Leo has such love for all things scary and Halloween related, but really can't handle it.  He clung to my hand and was tense the whole time.  He tried on this freaky mask though.

No comments: