Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Cookie exchange party

It's been a little difficult to get into the Christmas spirit without a tree in the house or stockings or any other decorations.  I haven't been able to bake because my kitchen isn't fully functional.  But my mom was nice enough to let me invade her kitchen and make some candies for the annual Christmas Cookie exchange.  And my friend Aida was nice enough to host the party last night since my house isn't ready for guests.  

Here are the Pecan Pie Bourbon Balls I made.  They were very boozy and tasty.  
 I also made a Cookie Butter (AKA Biscoff, AKA Speculoos) Bark, though I mislabeled it Brittle for the party.  It was delicious and I had a couple people ask for the recipe.
 The guest list kind of ballooned and we had no one RSVP "no" so there were almost 20 women there and lots of treats.


Look at these cute cherry kiss mice that one gal brought.  
 In addition to all the school/PTA friends, we invited my old friends from my moms' group days.  It was wonderful to see Jenn, April and Cara.  Cara is pregnant with her fourth (FOURTH!) baby - a little boy to add to her trio of girls.
 Here's a picture of the kids this morning.

No comments: