It was cold out.
We got pretty close to the stage and had to wait a while for the music to start. We chatted with some people, including a woman who broke her left radius and had surgery just like I did many years ago. When the music started the band sounded great - better than any of the times that I saw the original Grateful Dead in fact. Of course, when I saw them it was towards the end of Jerry Garcia's life and he wasn't doing so hot. John Mayer is an excellent musician who makes ridiculous faces as he plays guitar.
During the second set, our view was obscured by Bill Walton, former NBA star and big Dead head. Very big in fact, since he stands 6 foot 11 inches. Thankfully, the crowd shifted and I was able to get a better view for the rest of the show.
It was a very fun night out, but pretty tiring.
No comments:
Post a Comment