Thursday, December 17, 2015

Holiday celebrating and Leo's dance

It was a celebratory day at the elementary school.  Here's Serafina and Sonja before school dressed up for their holiday party later in the day.  

 I did my usual volunteering in the morning - kindergarten and second grade.  After, I headed over to the preschool where my friend Kristi is a teacher and was having a holiday party with her class.  I was there to see her dad dressed up as the man in red.  Here we are with Santa Maynard.  It was the highlight of my day.
 After a brief break at home, I was back at the school, with Nana this time, to see Leo perform a dance with his class.
 The PTA funds an arts program which provides music, dance and theater classes for the students.
 They performed three dances.  Here's a clip of one of them.



Serafina's class performed yesterday but I didn't know about it until too late.  She wasn't upset that I missed it.  I've seen a lot of her dancing recently and she really prefers a big stage.  This is a little "small potatoes" for her.  Leo enjoyed the class but turned down my offer to sign him up for classes at Serafina's dance studio.

After a little break, Nana and I were back at the school for the kindergarten holiday party.

They lined up to sing us some songs.
The teacher had them start over three times.  She declared the first attempt "dreadful".  It was hilarious and awful at the same time.  
Here's one of the failed attempts.

This one was more successful.  


Then it was time for snacks.

Nana jumped in and helped pass out food and open food.  It was great because even though there were tons of parents there, most of them just stood around as you can see in this photo.

No comments: