Tomorrow is Serafina's surgery. Of course, I'm feeling anxious regardless of how much I remind myself this is an extremely routine procedure that the doctor has performed countless times. It's hard to see your kid go into surgery. I know first hand from when Leo had surgery many years ago.
Serafina is a bit worried too, but she seems reassured by the fact she'll be asleep and that there are lots of interesting post-surgery foods in the fridge and freezer that aren't usually there like jello, pudding and popsicles.
I told her if she could handle the sleep study, she will do just fine with the surgery.
My most immediate concern is having her fast. Girlfriend loves to eat. She starts her day with a protein bar and pretty much eats non-stop until bed. Tonight Leo is staying with Nana so Tom and I took Serafina out to dinner. She picked one of her favorite places to get a burger.
Here's Serafina watching some donuts get topped.
She customized her own donut and was happy with the results.
Gotta be clean for surgery.
So yeah, my anxiety level is through the roof. Even if everything goes perfectly tomorrow, I've been warned by doctors and experienced moms that the recovery is rough. She's going to be in pain, she's not going to want to eat, and staying hydrated will be a challenge. She'll stay home from school next week (it's only in session Tuesday - Friday) and be out of activities - swim and dance - for two weeks. I think she's going to be pretty bored stuck at home with me, but we'll try to make the best of it. I'll try to remain calm and I'll update the blog tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment