Ten years ago today I started this blog as an easy way to share photos and cute stories about my kids. In 2007, lots of people were blogging. My cousins and friends had blogs. The format allowed for bragging and confession and self-involvement that was kind of new to the social fabric. Ten years ago, smart phones were not wide spread, Facebook was just gaining traction outside of college campuses and Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter hadn't even launched yet. Over the years, over-sharing has become the norm and it's all at your fingertips. Blogging has gone the way of the dodo bird. People connect and share in bite-sized tidbits. I don't know anyone who still blogs, and I can only think of about three people that still read this blog. Don't worry, my three readers, this isn't my swan song. I plan to keep blogging. Of course, the posts are getting fewer and further between, but I will still chronicle our adventures and milestones. This blog has become an incredible record of my kids' lives. If I can't recall what one dressed up for Halloween when he/she was three, I can "check the blog". Which beach did we visit when Uncle Mike came to town? "Check the blog". Need to relive some vacation fun during the dull days? "Check the blog". This blog serves me probably more than anyone else. Over the 10 years, I haven't been consistently writing fiction or keeping a journal, but I've been keeping up the blog. I'm pretty proud of this 10 year writing project.
We've had some ups and downs, and plenty of sillinessin between.
In the spirit of silliness, here are the two most recent videos of my kids on my phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment