Friday, April 30, 2021

Exposure notice

 I received a COVID exposure notice on Wednesday that a girl on Serafina's dance team tested positive for COVID.  The girl is on the same small jazz line as Serafina, and they rehearsed together inside the studio on April 19th, when the exposure happened.  The girl was asymptomatic and I'm not sure when she tested positive.  By the time I got the notice, the quarantine period was already almost over. I decided to have Serafina tested anyway out of an abundance caution because Serafina will be attending an in-person dance convention and competition this weekend.  I didn't want to be responsible for a super spreader event. 

Plus, testing is free and drive thru.  And she got to administer the test herself, so it wasn't a big deal at all. 


The test was negative.  We were all pretty sure that would be the case, but it is reassuring to have it confirmed. My friend in New York has her kids in hybrid school and has received a few exposure notices.  I guess that's the norm for kids that attend in-person activities and will probably be the case next school year when my kids go back to in-person learning.  I think it's excellent evidence that masks work that Serafina spent an hour dancing in the same room as a kid sheading virus and didn't get infected. 


No comments: