Saturday, June 19, 2021

Leo's (virtual) guitar recital

 Leo has been taking guitar lessons over Zoom for more than a year now.  He started out with group classes, but when he passed the two levels offered, he moved to individual lessons with his instructor.  He likes her a lot and she lets him pick songs that speak to him - mostly classic rock.  She held an end-of-the-year recital yesterday and invited Leo to participate.  He wasn't sure if he wanted to do it, but I wanted him to.  I'm proud of the progress he's made and I wanted him to have the chance to show that off.  I performed at several piano recitals in my childhood, so I know the last spot is reserved for the most advanced student.  I never performed last, but sometimes I would be second or third from last.  Leo was the last spot and I was thrilled for him. 

We tuned in to the recital from his room. There were several little kids, plucking out their songs with lots of concentration.  When Leo heard how these kids were true beginners, he began to feel more confident about his piece. 

Mousse found the music quite soothing. 

The recital moved along quickly because each performance was brief.  Then it was Leo's turn. 
He did a great job!

He didn't want me to record the recital but he performed his piece for me before it started. It's the solo from Stairway to Heaven. 





No comments: