Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sharing

Today I worked at Leo's preschool and it was the boys turn to do show and tell (the girls share on Tuesdays). This was their first time and I wasn't sure how it would go with a bunch of squirmy, mumbling three year olds. The teacher was a great facilitator and that made it so much less painful.

Here he is with the garbage truck he brought.

Singing a song about rain.
Every night is challenging since Leo doesn't stay in bed and sleeps on the sleeping bag in our room or sometimes in our bed. But Leo had a particularly bad night last night. There was a lot of crying and lost sleep for everyone. When he woke up this morning he put his hands on his temples and said, "my head hurts." I said, "I bet. Mine does too." I gave him some Tylenol before school, but his complaint changed to his ear hurting. I took him seriously and we saw the doctor after school. Sure enough he has an ear infection. He was really good at the doctor's office (so was Serafina) and he even brought his own "ear checker" from the toy doctor's kit. Three years, three months and five days old and his first ear infection. I'm pretty sure it's his first time being on antibiotics too, which he loves taking because he has such a serious sweet tooth he'll take it any way he can get it. We'll skip swimming lessons tomorrow, but I confident he's going to be on the mend fast. Plus, Nana is coming on Saturday and that always makes everything better.

No comments: