We've been having some beautiful weather. Beautiful blue skies and temperatures in the high 60s. Just lovely. We've been trying to enjoy it but all of us are taking turns being under the weather. Shortly after Serafina's holiday high fever, I developed a cough. When that seemed to improve, Leo got the ear infection. When he was fully recovered, my glands swelled to the size of walnuts and I could barely swallow. I had a rough weekend, but Tom was very good at taking care of me and the kids. Then late yesterday, Serafina spiked a high fever (104.3, yikes!). She's doing better today, but before bed, Leo said he had "a hurt" in his throat and he felt warm. So the merry-go-round continues and it ain't so merry. I forgot how the illnesses just rotates around all winter until I'm back in the thick of it.
Here's a random picture of Serafina playing outside yesterday.

She wasn't riding a bike or in the bike trailer; she just likes to cruise around in her bike helmet. She use to hate that thing. Go figure.
For three of the last four afternoons, Leo hasn't napped. It's not unheard of for kids his age to drop their nap, but oh lord...I'm not ready. Thankfully, he understands that he needs to stay in his room for quiet time. And he's definitely more tired at the end of the day, so bedtime is a little easier. Still, I'm not sure I've accepted that he is becoming an occasional napper. For some reason, I convinced myself that he would nap everyday until it was time to start elementary school. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment