Leo loves to be told stories at bed time and nap time and during the day. It can be a little exhausting to be honest. One of his favorite stories is about the time a peacock scared him when he was little. I also tell a very warped, inaccurate version of King Arthur and Excalibur (The Sword in the Stone). One day I said, "and all the people cried, 'Hail King Arthur'" and Leo said, "they didn't cry, they were happy."
But the primary stories I tell are about Mordecai and Otto. Mordecai is an ordinary little boy who likes the same stuff Leo likes, but he's different in one important way: he has a rocket ship that can take him any where he wants to go. But every time, he accidental ends up on Yucky Planet (sometimes it's Disgusting Planet). Even if he makes other stops or my plot line doesn't really hinge on this detour, Leo demands it. In fact, he frequently interrupts every telling of a story to offer his editorial input. Mordecai has a little sister Faruca and he always brings her back something yummy when he goes to Yummy Planet.
Otto is an ordinary boy too, but he is a great explorer and adventurer. He travels in a big jeep that often gets flat tires and...you guessed it, ends up on Yucky Planet. His little sister is Violet.
I want to write out a version of each story since there are many more details that are not included in this synopsis, but honestly I'm so sick of these stories, I can't bring myself to do it right now. Of course, it would be fun to look back on years from now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment