Today was one of those crazy days when I have way too much stuff going on. It was also really hot, which makes things more difficult. Plus poor Serafina is having seasonal allergies, but luckily the pediatrician told me I could give her Claritin and that helped.
Tonight was the bake sale at the elementary school's Open House. Last year, I ran the bake sale and for some crazy reason went way overboard with the stuff I made. This year I didn't even turn on my oven. Here were my hot weather offerings.
Cold watermelon...
Other people got plenty cute and creative, so I didn't feel bad.
Though I helped set up the bake sale, my focus this evening was Open House. Leo was so excited to go to Open House.
These kids are so goofy.
Since I'm in the classroom regularly and helped set up for Open House this afternoon, it wasn't as exciting to take me as it was to take his dad. He couldn't wait to show Tom everything.
When we got in there, Leo's teacher put on his "tour guide" badge so he could be very official.
Tom was very interested in all of Leo's work. Eric Carle inspired work.
Leo had a lot of work to show off.
This snail was from their science unit. It was so cute.
I love our family portrait on the cover of his writing book.
He wrote three pages about his sister.
He has become so skilled at his writing he had time to add an additional section to the book...about the cats!
Mrs. Robinson and Leo.
We visited a couple of first grade classrooms just to check it out. The work in the classrooms was impressive and stuff Leo will love doing. It was noticeable how small those rooms are, so that will be interesting.
Immediately after the Open House, I attended a PTA meeting. It was a long day.
Oh and Serafina got promoted at swim class today. She's now a yellow starfish! I'm really proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment