Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Park Picnic and Bake Sale

This has been one long day.  And instead of going to bed like a sane person, I'm up blogging.  Sigh. 

My morning started off hectic since I had to get Serafina to speech therapy and then drop Leo off early at school for a field trip, and then get back to get Serafina for therapy all within a half an hour.  It wasn't particularly fun, but I pulled it off.  We came home and I finished off my last bake sale item - dirt cups.  Serafina helped place the worm on top.  


Then we headed to the park for Serafina's preschool picnic.  


 She turned into a fussy mess after a while and I gave her a s'mores pop to cheer her up.  Stellar parenting, right there.
She melted down again and her teacher took a turn at comforting her.  



Every spare moment I had today was spent preparing for the big event...THE BAKE SALE!

Here's one of the signs I made.  Do you like my dancing chocolate chip cookies?

Of course I made some vegan cupcakes.  
 Here's the big table all set up.

Look at some of the yumminess.  
 We had a second table set up near the kindergarten playground too.

The kids came by since they had seen many of the treats come to the house and really wanted to sample stuff.  Here they are sharing a juice pouch.  
Here they are walking with their dad.  I couldn't have done this sale without Tom's support and tolerance.  He made this whole school year of volunteering and fundraising possible.  Behind every over-extended mom is a man who is incredibly patient and tolerant.  I really appreciate him more than he knows.  




No comments: