Thursday, May 30, 2013

Field trip and science fair

Are you familiar with this box?
All the kids had them today.
Leo's class took a field trip to the mall.  I didn't join them since siblings aren't suppose to go on field trips.  Of course, I could have just gone to the mall since it is open to the public after all.  I hosted a preschool meeting instead (we are redesigning the website).  Anyway, the kids started out at a pizza place and Leo made his own pizza.  He said he made it with one pepperoni in the middle so it looked like a tire.  Then they headed to Build A Bear Workshop.  Each kid got to pick out and make a bear (some kids made other creatures).

Leo was very happy about his bear.
A tie-dyed rainbow bear in army fatigues.  Hmmm.  Maybe Build A Bear was trying to off-load their post Memorial Day bear clothing.  I asked if there was a baseball outfit, which seemed like a more likely choice for Leo, but he said they didn't bring any out for him to choose from.  A lot of the other boys had similarly dressed bears.  

In the box was this birth certificate, which reminded me of the glory days of Cabbage Patch Kids and when I got to go to a special Cabbage Patch store for an official adoption.  If you can't read it, Leo named his bear "Shooty".  
Serafina handled her brother getting such a cool toy and her receiving nothing very well.  If the situation had been reversed, Leo would have pitched a major fit and objected to the unfairness of it all.  Serafina does seem to think we will be going to Build A Bear and she'll be making herself a rainbow bear any minute now.  Leo told her she won't like it there because the stuffing machine is loud and sounds like a flushing toilet.  Serafina doesn't like loud, flushing toilets.

After school, we headed home briefly to unwind a bit and change into comfortable clothes and cleats for tball practice.  But before we went to practice, we headed back to school for the science fair.  It was something I considered skipping, but Leo was enthusiastic about it and I can't deny the kid his first science fair.  It was very crowded in the room, but I knew we didn't have to stay long.

His class's exhibit was close to the door.
So happy and proud.

They did an experiment involving water and oil.
Here he is checking out the other Junior Kindergarten's project.  It involved ants and Mrs. Hufana helped Leo ask some questions to his classmates about the ants.
Then we headed to tball.  It was the last practice of the season since Saturday is the last game.  Apparently, Leo had a good hit during practice, but I didn't see it because I had to take Serafina to the other side of the park to use the bathroom...twice.

No comments: