The teacher sent each kid out to fetch his/her mom. Look how excited he is. He was extra happy that I wore the new earrings he gave me.
Here's the place mat he made with the menu included.
The present was waiting for me at the table. I was so impressed with his penmanship.
Then they lined up...
And recited this poem.
All the moms and kids gathered around the table.
The teacher read a cute book, I Love You, Stinky Face.
Leo kept looking at me so I could confirm I would love him under all the circumstances mentioned in the book.
I got to open the gift and inside was the cute vase with paper flowers he made.
I'm very glad I got to attend the Mother's Day party so I could witness his unbridled enthusiasm. He was beaming the whole time and it was great to focus on him.
Serafina did just fine at my friend's house. When we got back, she helped herself to one of the cookie pops I made for tomorrow's bake sale. I wasn't able to execute too many cookie pops because they were significantly more tricky than the internet depicted, so I wasn't pleased that she ate one of the successful ones. Oh well. As always, I took on way too many baking chores and spent most of the day working on it. But this time tomorrow, the whole thing will be over and hopefully I'll be counting a big stack of money we earned for the preschool.
No comments:
Post a Comment