Today was Read Across America which is celebrate in conjunction with Dr. Seuss's birthday. Serafina's school had pajama day. My kids are experienced in wearing their pajamas to school. Like when Leo was in preschool and Jr. Kindergarten. Serafina did it last year at preschool.
This morning she saw her friend Sonja who was headed to preschool in pajamas too.
I visited her class later in the morning and helped the kids put together their Dr. Seuss hats.
She and her friend Gianna both wore cupcake pajamas, which I think they may have planned it in advance.
Yes, I realize she is so much bigger than her friends. Just a couple of months ago, she and Gianna were the same size. Guess the non-stop eating Serafina does pays off.
Leo did some Dr. Seuss activities in class too, like making this "Leo in the Hat" picture.
This picture was taken at the private speech therapist's office that Serafina used to see regularly. We stopped by today so Serafina could be assessed since her IEP is up for review by the school district. I'm 99% sure the district will want to dissolve the IEP and the private therapist thinks that's just fine. Serafina is on track and though she still is missing some sounds and can be hard to understand when she starts talking too fast, the therapist thinks she'll be just fine without services. She did recommend we keep a close eye on her and re-visit the issue in a year or two. I was very happy with this report.
No comments:
Post a Comment