I'm hanging in there. When I'm staying busy and distracted, the pain is just a dull ache. But last night after everyone was in bed and the house was quiet, it hit me hard.
Yesterday Serafina's class had a field trip on the bus. It was very exciting since many kids hadn't been on the bus before. Serafina is an old pro from her preschool days.
I was assigned three kids and given this helpful card to wear. I guess the teacher was trying to help out chaperones that don't know all the kids names. I know all those kids very well at this point.
Here's my crew.
Happy Serafina on the bus.
Our destination was the Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo. Here are the kids during a presentation from the docent. Checking out the zoo.
Rosario and Serafina. They go to speech together once a week.
Investigating at the museum.
Playing at the park.
Lunch at the park. Serafina is usually dismissed before lunch but the field trip was longer than her usual day. She was exhausted and cranky after.
My friend Aida snapped this picture of Leo while she was on lunch duty. He looks so happy because I gave him a special dessert in his lunch.
Even though it was 80 degrees here today, I had to do some baking. It makes me feel better. These are some chocolate chunk sugar cookies. They turned out yummy and I gave most of them away.
My friends have been very sweet to me. My friend Lina dropped off dinner last night and Aida gave me this beautiful orchid and a bag of chocolate mini-eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment