Friday, September 4, 2015

Serafina's Trampoline party

The past couple of years we've had pool parties for Serafina's birthday.  It is easy and fun and the perfect time of year to do it.  We had our final pool party of the season last month because we knew we wouldn't be able to host one for her birthday.  When I asked her what she would like to do for her birthday, she said she wanted to have a party at Sky High Sports, a trampoline place.  We haven't actually been there but they had a party package that would allow her and her friends to jump and all I had to do is show up with a cake.  It's exactly what I needed in the particularly crazy time.  

I scheduled it for Friday afternoon with the hope that it would be mellow and it wouldn't interfere with our guests' Labor Day weekend plans.  It worked out great.  Everyone that we invited RSVP-ed "yes" and we were the only party at the place.  In fact, there were only a handful of kids there who weren't part of our group.  


So the place is basically a big warehouse with wall-to-wall trampolines.  It was awesome.  


They also had a foam pit.  



The kids had a blast and got very sweaty.  

Left to right: Sarah (her new friend in her kindergarten class), Gianna (friend from TK), birthday girl, Lane, Kembrie (friend from preschool).  

The kids jumped and jumped and jumped.  Then they stopped to eat cake.  I made them take a picture first.
 I was convinced the bakery would get Serafina's name wrong.  Instead they did a bad job on "birthday".  Don't they write that several times a day?  Not exactly a Cake Wreck, but also not the greatest piping work.
 Daddy lit the candles.
Birthday song (third time this week).  

 She was so happy.
This was by far the easiest party we've ever had.  I didn't have to do anything ahead of time except throw together some goodie bags and pick up the cake.  And I didn't have to clean up anything.  Sure, parties at a park or at our house are nice but this is an amazing option that I will probably take advantage of again.  Plus, the birthday girl had an awesome time.

No comments: