Okay, enough of my sappiness. Serafina started her day with a few presents. Here's a baby doll from me. She's not very creative with naming her dolls, so this one is "Baby Ballerina Girl" and she shares that name with at least three other dolls.
She wanted a backpack from her dad and he delivered with a super cute Hello Kitty backpack. It's a little big for her right now, but Tom thinks she'll be able to use it until she goes off to college.
We got rid of the blue glider last year, but I still wanted a picture with Raggedy Ann. Looking back, it doesn't look like I took one on her third birthday so I guess I forgot.
When I saw Serafina's birthday was landing on Labor Day, it seemed silly not to have a little gathering. Of course, my little gathering grew a little in size because we wanted some of our best friends there. I did keep it simple with no piñata, no goody bags, no BBQing (we ordered pizza) and disposable everything. It was wonderful! I had so much more fun than I usually do when we are hosting. Look I'm even in the pool with my kiddos.
Lunch break.
There were so many bodies in the pool, but everyone was safe and having a great time.
I hired Julia to come and lend a helping hand (her sister Colleen helped out too) and she earned every penny.
Tom was like a amusement park attraction when he was in the pool. There was a point when he had five kids attached to him, but I didn't get a picture.
I took all the shortcuts with this party, except the cupcakes. I made them from scratch. Serafina wanted chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, so I turned to my favorite recipes for both. The chocolate buttercream frosting is a winner and really makes the experience. With sprinkles, of course.
Waiting patiently for cupcakes.
Family shot (in need of some flash, perhaps).
Singing the birthday song.
Serving up cupcakes and ice cream as fast as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment