Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blue Day Award Winner

After returning from the field trip, Serafina and I just stayed at school because the first "Blue Day" awards were being presented a little later.  
Once a month, Leo's school has "Blue Day".  Kids and staff were their blue shirts and everyone comes together for an awards ceremony.  They give out Citzenship awards and another award for the monthly theme.  This month was "Respect".  Last week, I got a note home from Leo's teacher that he had been selected to receive a Blue Day award.  The teacher was proud of him and so were we.

Here's the Principal, Joy Shmeuli, leading the ceremonies.  She is very invested in her job and sometimes make my job as preschool president miserable.  Sigh.  It's only one year, I remind myself often.
Leo was part of the first group to be called up.
Here are the kindergarten Citizenship winners - one from each kinder classroom.

Tom was able to come and see the ceremony.  I didn't get a picture of him, except for his hand which is holding the award in this picture.
At the end, they had all the winners stand up one more time for some more applause.
A picture with his teacher at the end of the school day.

I'm so proud of him!
Kids in their school shirts.  
Of course, we had to celebrate with some ice cream after.
Our friend Ana won a "Respect" award for the first grade so she celebrated with us too.
Her little brother Navid is in Serafina's class.


Award winners!

No comments: