Monday, September 9, 2013

Serafina's Preschool Birthday Celebration

Today Serafina's preschool class celebrated her birthday. I was snack mom and brought some mini muffins as a special treat.

The teacher has a lot of projects planned for each day, so I was hard at work tying yarn and cutting felt. I was able to take couple quick pictures during the first circle time.

I think Kembrie is a bit of a ham.
Oh my.
The kids had fun projects to do and then a little more play time.
I set up snack and then there was a second circle time.  Serafina was called up to get her birthday crown.

She also got a special birthday ribbon and everyone sang happy birthday.
She loved the attention.
Snack time.

When your mom brings snack, you are excused to go to the tables first.  You also get garbage duty.  That's something the other teachers don't do and I thought it was kind of like punishment, but Serafina was very happy to do it and took the job seriously.



The kids went out to recess and it was already over 90 degrees out.  They all came back flushed, sweaty and tired.

I managed to get Serafina to take a brief nap before we had to pick up Leo.  Today was his first day of the "full day" schedule.  He stayed through lunch and we picked him up at 2pm.  I felt bad that his first long day was such a hot one since the elementary school rooms aren't air conditioned.


I expected him to be very worn out and cranky when he got home.  He actually did pretty well.  He did melt down a little about going in the pool; he couldn't really decide if he wanted to or not.

Here he is being silly.
He's usually shy about showing his bellybutton, but I managed to get a picture of it.  

A kid in his class had a birthday and gave out these eyeball rings.  He got pretty goofy with it.  

No comments: