Monday, November 2, 2015

Serafina's first day of pre-competitive swim

Today was Serafina's first day of pre-comp, and of course, it was a cold, rainy day.  Thankfully it wasn't raining when it was time to swim.  Practice happens rain or shine and only the threat of lightening will cancel a practice.  

I got them some new warm robes.  Leo helped Serafina find the right fins since they wear the same size.  

 Brrrrr.  Waiting to start.
 Leo chats up some ladies before getting in the water.  
 Leo gave me the thumbs up after he felt the water and confirmed that the water was warmer than the air outside, just like I promised him.
 Serafina started in the diving pool.  She'll eventually move up to the main pool where Leo swims.  The diving pool is deep so the kids can't touch and rest.  She cried her first lap because the pool was long and deep, but after chatting with the coach, she pulled it together and made it through the rest of the practice.  She's one of the youngest pre-comp swimmers even though she's bigger than half of them.

I heard Leo get called to the center of the pool and the coach wanted him to demonstrate the proper technique of the stroke while the rest of the swimmers watched.  Leo was pretty proud of himself and I was too.  
It's so great to have them both swimming at the same time again.

No comments: