Saturday, December 8, 2018

10th Annual Christmas Cookie Exchange

Last night I hosted the 10th Annual Christmas Cookie Exchange Party.   This time of year many people have conflicts so I had a smaller group (13 of us total) than the last couple of years.  We still had plenty of treats and it was better for socializing to have the smaller group.

I asked my friend Lizzy if I could borrow two bowls.  She came with a huge basket of different dishware and this table runner.  As I tried to set food out, she kept changing the placement and vessels.  I ended up just staging the food on the edge of the island and let her put it out.  She clearly had a vision and it looked better than if I had done it.
 Lizzy also made these super fancy sugar cookies.  Don't worry.  We give her a hard time about being our own Martha Stewart and doing everything so over the top.
 I made pumpkin snickerdoodles.
 And dark chocolate cranberry blondies.  It was stressful to bake the same day as I was hosting but I didn't have much of a choice this year.  I'll plan differently for next year.
 My friend Krisit (who's daughter just had surgery) made these adorable gingerbread men.
 Adorable.
 Quite the spread.
 My friend Cara was really good about taking pictures this year.  Here's Lizzy, me and Christelle.
 Cara, Aida and Jen S.
 Kristi and Jen B.
 Cara, April and me - the only ones remaining in California from our original moms group.
 Mary and Asha
 She even took a picture of the holiday punch I make every year.
 Me and Cara.  She was dressed up and looked great.  I wore the five dollar t-shirt I got at Target on Black Friday.

No comments: