Friday, December 14, 2018

Leo as Seymour Snow

Leo's school held their "Winter Songfest" today.  I got there early to get front row seats.  I'm short.  I like to sit in the front.  I'm willing to do what it takes to get a good view of my kid.  

The middle school and high school performed for the first half of the program.  They wore choir robes and sang songs I hadn't heard before but really enjoyed.  

Leo's class, a 4th/5th grade combo, performed two songs on their recorders. 







The kids then performed a short musical called "The Reindeer Games".  Leo was Seymour Snow, one of the announcers for the reindeer games.  The show told the story of an annual competition between Santa's reindeers in a variety of events. 



 In between the speaking parts, the kids sang songs. 






It was a really enjoyable show and a new experience for me to simply enjoy a school performance without being a big part of the behind the scenes production.  Leo was enthusiastic and adorable.

No comments: