Saturday, July 23, 2022

HV Nationals - pit stop

When the dance schedule was released way back in August of 2021, we knew we would be headed to Anaheim for the Hollywood Vibe (HV) National competition this summer.  I was in a bit of denial and didn't book the hotel promptly, but I did know I wanted to drive so we could stop and see Tracy and Maya on our way.  Tom was on dog duty back at home, and Leo would be joining us later, so for the first part of the trip, it was just us girls. 
Serafina was very eager to see her dear friend and wanted to get up at a ridiculous hour to get on the road, but I talked her into a more reasonable time. On Tuesday, July 5th we headed out. Of course, I needed to stop for the bathroom early in the journey, so we also made it a McDonald's breakfast stop too.  This is an important part of a road trip. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1dwkjezgH7ysR0CvRwxg6oqi9Egx9z9z4

Our next stop was the Madonna Inn.  I haven't taken the 101 to travel from Northern to Southern California in a long while, so I sort of forgot this place existed.  It was a very fun stop when we were starting to feel some serious road fatigue. 
Here's Serafina in the gaudy bathroom. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1LsvgD7dlJAkrghZEW2Srv0XzQvq-N0Xi
The dining room is fantastic. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1NFLnSXV5YZcFlXQpmZb0aQvSXg1YjN5f

We made it to Camarillo!  Tracy and Maya were waiting outside for us. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1rQADkh_UKym6E4VaPIVdvnsW6hLWlRBC

The girls had some pool time before we needed to seek out a Starbucks. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Io4vfrRTNKDa2DAnfy29J7q16OmntgCh

After dinner, Maya and Tracy took us to a pretty fantastic soft serve ice cream place in town. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1sqyiZXAmnfUmN-OBmdYD3gEaSCb6AajM

After late night chatting and a delicious breakfast, it was time for us to hit the road down to Anaheim. 
Here are some last hugs. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GojN5IXUFG5KSrqAQOmbJ7hllVnt4Ng7

Tracy, me and the sweetest little potato dog, Sequoia. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nD0x-9kxmKkdJibSQ7w32XaJ5EljXm-0

No comments: