Here's Serafina in the lobby as we realized this was totally a different level than our usual regional competitions.










Serafina and most of her teammates weren't competing on Wednesday, so there was time to enjoy the hotel pool. Here she is with her buddy Kavni.
After some swimming, we did some grocery shopping and relaxed in the room. We did head downstairs to see a couple of soloist perform.
Classes weren't starting yet, so we had time on Thursday morning to head to Downtown Disney. Serafina and I can't resist a little Disney shopping and Kavni came along. I made us walk, which was a bit too long and too hot.
Important purchases made! Disneyland visor for me and Mickey pretzel ears for Serafina.
That night Serafina was competing three of her four routines. Auntie Shelia made the trip to Anaheim to watch her dance in-person and take in all the madness that is a full-scale dance competition. I'm very glad I had a witness to the chaos because it's not something that can be described, only experienced.
Gorgeous girl after performing her jazz routine for the last time.
Serafina and Linda with the beautiful flower Auntie Shelia brought. I will not miss this costume.
The lyrical routine took first place! (It was the only entry in that category, but we are still celebrating it as a big win!)
Fallin' teammates Emily, Angela and Serafina with the trophy.
How do you unwind after a successful night of competition? In the hotel pool, of course!
Friday morning, Serafina had workshop classes. That afternoon, while she swam with Linda, my friend Heather and I spent some time together at the hotel bar. I was so appreciative of her making the drive to Anaheim to spend time with me. It's been a long time since we've seen each other, but it's like no time has passed. We forgot to take a picture until the last minute when we were driving out of the hotel parking lot and she was dropping me off at the lobby. Better late than not at all!
Friday night we headed down the street for some Joe's Italian Ice. Every time I went by this place on our trip, there was a huge line. It was also a very organized operation with lots of windows serving customers.
We found out why it was so popular! Yummy Italian ice topped with soft serve! 

No comments:
Post a Comment