When we found out that the National competition would be in Anaheim, we knew there was no way we were going to be that close to Disneyland and not spend a day at the park. We also knew there was no way we were going to do it without Leo. But Leo didn't need to sit in a hotel for six days waiting for the Disneyland part of the trip. That meant he would need to join us later, and that meant flying on his own. The kids flew as unaccompanied minors way back in 2019, but Leo is too old for the unaccompanied minor program, so he would just be striking out on his own as an independent traveler.
I was a mix of totally confident that Leo would do just fine and completely nervous because I'm a mom and we worry. I was very pleased when I got this reassuring picture from Leo that he was successfully boarded on the plane.
But nothing compared to the relief I felt when this proud traveler strode off the plane in Long Beach.
After a morning of travel for Leo and dance classes for Serafina, we met up with Cousin Dillon and his new girlfriend for lunch. I failed to get any group shots, but I did get this important documentation of Dillon's "gravity noodles". The chopsticks are floating!
Ah, but it turned out to be all lies when he found this straw and organic matter (taro root, perhaps?) holding up the illusion.
This heart-shaped swing was a photo op must.
That night, Serafina competed in her final routine - the production hip hop. Leo and I were in the audience to cheer, but not as loud as the drunk moms behind us.
Post-performance picture on our hotel balcony.
We watched the Disneyland fireworks from our room almost every night we were there.
No comments:
Post a Comment