Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dreams

The past two nights I've had the "unprepared for school" dream. Two nights ago I had a math test that I didn't study for (I wasn't aware I was in the class) and an essay due on a book I had yet to buy. Last night I was expected to do a group presentation but I didn't know which group I was in or what I was presenting on.

Well, you don't have to be Freud to figure out that I'm feeling anxious about the arrival of the baby. Yesterday Tom pointed out that even if he arrived that minute, we would have the essentials--a car seat to get him home, a place for him to sleep and a pack of diapers. Thankfully, we do have a few more items already, but it's not about the "stuff". I'm freaking out about the reality of having this ity bity person in our lives. No matter how many different ways I visualize what it will be like, I know I have no real clue. Tom and I reassure each other on a daily basis that we will be able to handle it, and I know in my heart, we will. But that doesn't prevent me from having mini-meltdowns every now and again or dreaming about missing math class.

2 comments:

Jessiedc28 said...

First can I just say that I just love this blog! Great fun!

Second, the anxiety dreams must run in the family. I have those ALL THE TIME when I'm freaking out about something. What's with those unprepared for school dreams, anyway?

Third, we sent you a little something yesterday. I snooped and found your registry. I hope you enjoy! I can't wait to see the pictures of the little one!

Elizabeth said...

Awn, Jess, you're so sweet.