Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy 75th Birthday, Ito!

It's my dad's birthday. We call him Ito because when I was little I couldn't say abuelito (Spanish for little grandfather), so I called his father Ito. He has inherited the name. Growing up, he was an "old dad" before it was trendy to be an old dad. Now a whole lot of dads are having kids in their forties; Tom will be one of them very soon. He never behaved like an old dad though. Very active and spry. He still is actually.

Here he spending time with Leo shortly after he was born.
This picture is from last summer when we all met up in Seal Beach.
This is a picture of a picture that was taken before I had a digital camera. We're on vacation in Mexico, visiting the ruins of Tulum specifically. This is quintessentially my father. Soccer jersey, fanny pack, big camera and so happy to be in Mexico where he can speak Spanish, talk about soccer with knowledgeable fans and eat foods he loves.
Oh yeah. It's my birthday too. Yep, I was born on my dad's birthday. Pretty cool, huh? I had a very nice day with my main man. He was very good while I had my check up. Baby girl is active and healthy, and I received my paperwork packet for the hospital which just drives home the fact that the big day is fast approaching. Then we headed to the park for a playdate. He just loves the water now.
Singing the "bringing home a baby bumblebee" song.
Being led back to the blanket by Jackie.
This afternoon we went to the farm to pick up our first summer CSA basket. We got beets the size of your head. Seriously.

I received lots of sweet emails, phone calls, facebook messages, cards and even flowers from both my dad and husband. Thanks everyone. I feel very loved.

Check out this b-day gift.

No comments: