Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sophia is two

Today we went to our friend Sophia's second birthday party. It was a fun time and a little intimidating. If this is what is typical for a second birthday, I'm screwed. There were a ton of people and a ton of food. Since I'll have newborn on my hands for Leo's second b-day, I think we'll be doing something significantly lower key.

It was held at a local park with a water feature. Of course, Leo had to hang out on the sidelines for a bit before deciding if he was going to like it.
Getting some encouragement from Katie.
Tom had to stay home and work, so my fat butt had to waddle around in the water making sure Leo didn't take a tumble on the cement.
He then discovered the fun of playing in the muck with this unidentified underpants kid.
I tried to take a group shot of the birthday girl and her favorite buddies. Ha! Here are the various failed attempts.


And then Dougie gave up and ran off.
The best part is all the yummy treats. Mommy can't say no since it is a party (plus other people kept giving him stuff).

No comments: